Perfect Vday

Tulum Travel Blog

Valentines Day...what more romatic thing to do than spend it on the beach with your father...or son.  I´d already been to the ruins in Tulum or at least the Tulum ruins not the ones on the other end of town, but I figured I´d best show my dad since we were there.  What do you know, same as last time just more expensive.  It is the only Mayan city built on the ocean and it´s very unique and beautiful, however they aren´t nearly as impressive or detailed as the others.  They are unique and worth seeing.  The color of the ocean here is great.  Next we headed down the road to the beach and watched gringos trying to learn to kiteboard unsuccessfully.  I was wondering why I wasn´t an expert on this sport as I grew up in the Columbia Gorge.

The only reason I can think of is football, basketball and track.  Oh yeah, I guess I can´t forget the waverunner, pool table and guns.

Met a cute girl from Argentina that I chatted with for awhile.  I hope to meet Ray and Lindsay there in March for some heli skiing/boarding, steak, wine and women???  I´ve only heard 95% good things about this country.

It had been a rough day at the beach so I quenched my thirst with some fresh squeezed orange juice and passed out in a hammock at the hostel.  Ate dinner with pops and started feeling shitty after.  Started getting a headache etc.  Powered through and went to the carnival celebration in town.  Sort of like an actual carnival with local dances etc.  Crazy busses were driving around town lit up with flashing lights and bumping music.  Went bed early feeling like crap.

photo by: Mezmerized