Lago de Atitlan

San Pedro La Laguna Travel Blog

I stayed in San Pedro for nearly 3 weeks.  Week 1 I studied four days at Coopertiva spanish school.  I didn't get a very good teacher and they didn't give out any printed material.  Good refresher, but not worth the money.  Week 2 and 3 I was at Orbita Spanish school and doing a homestay as well.  I got lucky and got a great family.  I probably had nicer accommodations than the hotel we were previously staying at, which also happened to be one of the nicest available.  I worked with the director of the school and his english was pretty good.  Learned a lot.  There is quite a bit of partying and drugs available here, but I didn't ever really go out.  I didn't like the scene much.  I went kayaking in the lake a few times.  Hiked Narise de Indio and camped up there one night.  Had a very hard time starting a fire and then I realized we were in a cloud.  Went to Chichicastenango market one Sunday.  Really liked the climate here.  Anyway I could write for days and this is getting expensive, so I'll end it here.