Cenote Land

Tulum Travel Blog

Still not feeling great, but had to take Keith to see at least one cenote.  For those of you not familiar with the term cenote or the area - the Yucatan is filled with sink holes that are linked to underground river systems that flow to the ocean.  This is a good place to get cave or cavern certified.  My favorite one close by is Gran Cenote.  It was the same too.  You only get about half the coolness without having a snorkel and mask.  I´ve always wanted to dive Dos Ojos or any of the cenotes in the area, but I´m always too cheap and am holding out for reef and wreck dives in Honduras.  Also much cheaper.

1st class ADO bus to Chetumal in the afternoon.  Note to others: many of the nicer buses in Mexico have the A/C on full blast, so I always take my sweatshirt on the bus and wear my shoes.  This also saves a lot of space in the pack.

Not much in Chetumal.  Stayed at Hostal Chetumal.  Lilia the owner has converted her home into a hostal.  She is a very nice woman.  My bed was good (firm) and the place was nice until some ahole moved the floor fan and I sweated all night.

Tulum