Here I Go!

Cancun Travel Blog

Took the GRE at 9am on the 8th, ate dinner with Trevor in Portland and then flew to San Francisco to see Tom.  Checked out his new pad and then later met up with Todd and his girlfriend.  Went to a couple of lame Berkeley/Stanford recruitment parties.  They did have free booze though.  Went to a farmers market and the beach with Tom and Laz before heading back to SFO on Sunday.  Made it back to PDX about 10pm and shuttled to the hotel.  My Alaskan flight was delayed so they put me on United which I was able to upgrade to 1st class.  Tom has given me some of his karma from the travel gods.  Met my brother and Dad, sent my SF gear home with my bro and packed my carry on bag for the possibly next 6 months.  I savored what I figured was my last hot shower and went to bed at midnight.  Flight departed at 6am Monday morning.

All of my upgrades cleared on the way to Cancun, so first class for my dad and I.  Arrived at 3pm.  Took the local bus to the ADO central station.  We walked around Cancun for a bit and went to the grocery store.  We grabbed a cab to Puerto Juarez and then a ferry out to Isla Mujeres.

photo by: Marina2710