(Russia) Sint Petersburg

Russia Travel Blog

St. Petersburg
The second day began with rain but soon it started to snow. The streets were filled with layers of snow. So we went out to walk to the city. Already at the first few steps I felt my toes began wet. I left my snowboots at home because my suitcase no longer wanted to close. So it was only me and my uggs today... and within about a quarter my feet were completely wet. But I bravely continued walking and had a lot of views of the city and a few buildings. We still wanted to visit a church but of course this one was closed only today. Argh! Meanwhile, I didn't felt my toes and legs anymore so we returned to the hotel. Altogether, I have walked about 3 hours with wet feet in the cold. Throughout the hotel, I quickly took a warm bath because I was purple. Oops. But a hot bath and a warm blanket worked well.
To heat better, we bought a bottle of vodka and had some lazy moments on our room. When the coats were a bit dry again I took on other (dry) shoes and we went to the Alexander Nevsky Monastery. We were not able to view the ancient graves as it started to rain.

The food at the hotel was not so great so we went to the Mac, next to the hotel. It was a whole thing to order some food because not all of them spoke English so instead of 1 menu we get 4. Bit much. Haha! But it was tasty.