(Russia) Netherlands-Germany-boat to Sweden

Sweden Travel Blog

Grr...it won't fit!!!

After completely being mistaken by the departure and arrival dates we're finally starting our journey to Scandinavia and Russia! And this time we're really going. :) I took a day off to pack my bags as I didn't had time for it earlier this week. One problem: my suitcase it far too small to take all the stuff with us and we really need these things. The only option is to leave our snowboots at home as they say at the weather station it won't be cold in Sint Petersburg at all. That's a bit of a dissapointment as it is always cold there at this time of the year. But we will see. Most important of all is that we will enjoy this trip! :)

At 6.00 in the morning my brother picked us up to bring us to Rotterdam, the starting point of our journey.

Our boat from Germany to Sweden
We left with a group of people by bus. This is the first time we will travel by bus. We didn't want to travel by car as it's a long way to drive and a lot to handle with the douane from Russia. So we left by bus to drive to Kiel in Germany. In Kiel we took the boat to Goteborg in Sweden. We sailed with the Stena Line Scandinavica along Denmark. Unfortunately I haven't seen anything from Denmark as it was already dark and I slept when we passed it. So I will go there some other time by car. :) We had a small but fine accomodation on the boat and there was enought to do there. We were shaken a bit during dinner and when I was asleep I was shaken that hard once I hit my head against the wall. When we arrived at 9.00 am at Sweden I understood why. The quay had been under water including the cars that were parked there. The water flowed out of them.

emmajade says:
Have fun! Keep us posted...I really want to do Scandinavia and Russia!!
villan says:
Lovely feature! Well done!
dicksiem says:
Ja, ben nu aan het lezen hoor. Gave trip!!
Grr...it wont fit!!!
Grr...it won't fit!!!
Our boat from Germany to Sweden
On the boat from Germany to Sweden.
On the boat from Germany to Sweden.