The bridge on the river Inn.

Innsbruck Travel Blog

Drove over the mountain passes of western Tirol, Austria from Fussen, Germany through to Innsbruck, arriving around 7PM.  Had booked a hotel that morning at the Hotel Innsbruck in the Altstadt, and I must say, I was pleasently surprised with my accomodations!

Settled in and then headed into the center of town for some dinner, a little evening sightseeing, then settled in at the Elferhaus for as much beer as I could handle before bed...which based on the past couple weeks, wasn't much!

Woke up early in the morning and caught a spectacular Alpine sunrise over the city then wandered back to the hotel for some breakfast and a shower.  Walked around the city then, getting hit with the scaffolding bug a few more times but getting to see quite the sights in Innsbruck, including the amazing views from Bergisel, which I thought I was an hour too early for, but turned out I was right on time to be the first visitor of the day!  That was luck!

Finishing up around 11:30, I had just enough time to head back to my hotel to check out, and decided not to head back to Eindhoven, but to make the short journey to Salzburg.  Took a few minutes to book a hotel in Salzburg then headed out to the car for the very short drive to where the hills are alive...

photo by: Hummingbird