Return to York

York Travel Blog

Saturday August 30

Nothing much of substance.  Slept until 9AM, breakfast, then a four-plus hour drive to PA.  Some shopping with my dad and sisters, then off to a welcome home/congratulations dinner for a friend of my sisters who is in the Air Force based in Germany and just got a promotion and was home for the Labor Day holiday.  Basically crashed right after getting home from there.

Sunday August 31

Today we walked.  And walked.  And walked.  My older sister is preparing to do a 60-mile three-day walk for breast cancer awareness, so my sister, mom and I decided to go for a training walk with her today on the York County Heritage Rail Trail.

The rail trail runs 21.5 miles from the Maryland state line up to downtown York, passing through the towns of New Freedom, Railroad, Glen Rock, Hanover, Seven Valleys, Glatfelters Station and Brillhart Station and into York.  We walked from York down to Seven Valleys, approximately 10.5 miles.

After being picked up by my dad and niece, we stopped at Brown’s farm store for some fresh produce and ice cream…yum!

Stopped back at home then we had to run back to Huntingdon Valley, PA to my sister’s house so my niece could go to her friend’s birthday party across the street.  This was one of those parties where the kids run around and play while all the adults sit around and chat, drink and eat.  Another early night resulted…

photo by: esterrene