Almost had to ski down the Butte

Waterloo Travel Blog

Today I was going to shown my colleague Ryan and his wife Melissa around Brussels.  We decided to stop first in Waterloo as Melissa studied French history and was really interested in seeing it.  The drive started off nice, but just north of Brussels we hit a small snow squall.  This had past before we hit Brussels, and the sun was out in Waterloo.

We went in to the visitor center and bought our tickets and watched the audiovideo presentation and file before heading out to the butte.  Walking up the strairs to the butte, it was cold, and it was windy!  On top of the butte, this was the windiest I have ever seen it.  No side of the lion was offering much shelter.  Could only stay up a few minutes before heading back down to see what was going on with the reenactments.  Didn't get much chance to see, as within a minute of getting back to the bottom of the butte, the snow started to fall, and we're not just talking flurries!  We dashed off to the panorama and when we got out, the snow had pretty much stopped, so we decided to continue on to Brussels.

photo by: Adrian_Liston