AsiaJapanNagoya

Spring in Nagoya

Nagoya Travel Blog

entrance of higashiyama zoo
My friend is moving to Canada for a year so I decided to have fun with her.

We went to Higashiyama Zoo. I haven't gone there for over 15 years. I actually don't remember when I went there the last time lol
We both had 'donichi eco kippu' (see my tips to nagoya review) so we had 100yen off to enter the zoo. Ok,, it costs only 500yen. It's so cheap but we had discount so it was 400yen. haha!

I knew they have sakura so I wanted to have fun both zoo and seeing sakuras. Animals were so cute but SO lazy, sleeping or hiding.. though we had lots of fun looking at them!

Today is already spring break so it was crowded with families(and kids). The weather wasn't so good. It was very sunny but windy and chilly!

Sakuras are just so beautiful as usual. Made us so relaxed!! Some of them were sleeping and having a picnic!!

I just love spring because of beautiful flowers and sakuras.
I think that night at other parks,  people were having 'ohanami' . Drinking and get drunk party under the trees (sakura trees). Sounds fun!? haha!!

At night, we met other friend and had dinner at 'aka kara'. Very spicy food place. Famous for hot and spicy nabe. It was yummy and they even had yakiniku! We were so full ;)
ys484 says:
I haven't known that jinx of disneyland.
Anyway we haven't been Higashiyama park so far:)
Posted on: Apr 07, 2008
momiji says:
oh you mean if you get on that boat, you'll break up or something? nah, that's just an old stupid jinx, like if you go to disneyland with bf then they'll break up! i don't believe in jinx :D plus you are married lol!!! that's for not married couple!!
Posted on: Apr 07, 2008
ys484 says:
A couple rowed a boat on the pond in Higashiyama koen will be separated...it might be an old jinx;)
Posted on: Apr 06, 2008
penguin
penguin
lions
lions
cute bear sitting and thinking..
cute bear sitting and thinking..
never seen giraffes sitting down!!
never seen giraffe's sitting down!!
koala!!
koala!!
sakura and higashiyama tower 2
sakura and higashiyama tower 2
picnic area
picnic area
flowers
flowers
i guess they had a meeting.. :)
i guess they had a meeting.. :)
lazy hippo!!