WATERFALLS & TRAVBUDDIES.....OH MY!!!!

Las Vegas Travel Blog

james, melissa and me
i have not seen my cousin, james (islanderinla) in over a year. he is such a busy body....dating and such. i got him into travbuddy as you can see he is inactive. i also finally met his BFF, melissa (melissa919), she is on my myspace and facebook friend list but we never met...until now. the funny thing is messaged me on TB, she recognized my default pic. she asked "are you james; cousin?" we have been blabing since.....

we decided to go hiking at red rock canyon since james has never been there. they both drove to my house.

as soon as we got there. i should have know the whole world would be here. it's easter sunday. you would think people would in church or going egg hunting. the first stop with had to park off the road.
james and me
he hiked down for a bit, took some pics, did some silly pics, posed "charlie's angels, karate kicks, and such. too funny :)

mellissa is a beginner hiker i wanted her to start slow. i suggested to hike where tracy (TRE69) and i wanted to do but did not have time. we did the:

Lost Creek - Children’s Discovery Trail
From the Lost Creek parking area, take the trail to the right. The Willow Springs Loop intersects this trail and shares it until it splits off at Site #3. Continue on this loop until just beyond Site #4, where another path heads uphill to a seasonal waterfall. Return via the boardwalk. This popular trail may be crowded at times as it is used by many school groups. (.75 mile round trip, easy to moderate)

to my surprise when we arrive there.
waterfall yay!!!!
there is a waterfall. it should be there for awhile since we had some snow last month. i felt like i was in hawaii. melissa stayed behind. james and i hiked over to see if it worth it for melissa to see.

it was gorgeous, too bad there was so many people. i will come back here next week with the 3JXPRESS, M2, and tracy. hopefully, it won't be as crowded.

after the taking wonderful pics of the waterfall. we hiked back to the car. we made a right instead of a left. it took us off the beaten path. the good thing is we can see the road, sun is up, and have a bottled water.

half way we noticed no one was around but us. i figured it's ok we are waking parallel to the road. no big deal. james pointed out that the mountain we walk towards to was behind us. we did not time the hike. we had no idea how far it was when he started.
concentrate grasshopper :P
geeeez can't leave us in the jungle. i made a decison to just walk towards the road to see if we over shot it. YEP we did by a half a mile. hey could be worst.

as soon as we reached the the road. i bend down and kissed it. damn i wished james took a picture of it. it was already 4pm. we worked an appetite. i was dying for water. i forgot mine and i had a cold i did not want to spread it.  the original plan is to go to this italian restaurant, but, it was closed for easter. DAMN i was looking forward to it too.  then plan B was to eat at  PHO SO 1 i hould know better during a holiday always eat at chinese or vietnamese spots.

what a good day for a hike. i felt bad for melissa. it was first time hiking and i made go on a trek. DON'T KILL ME MELISSA :P i hope there will be a next time. i am glad james had a good time.

jenn79 says:
This looks like so much fun!!
Posted on: Mar 25, 2008
Melissa919 says:
No, I had so much fun!!! It was well worth it. The getting lost part was the cool part hehehe. Like you said it could have been worse (hot, late at night, etc.) I am glad we got 2 meet and enjoy Red Rock together. :)
Posted on: Mar 25, 2008
lone traveler
lone traveler
yep i am all wet, but worth it :)
yep i am all wet, but worth it :)
oh geeez!!!!
BAM...POW...SMACK
BAM...POW...SMACK
are we ready?!?!!?
are we ready?!?!!?
charlies angels?!?!? more like bu…
charlie's angels?!?!? more like b…
habokken!!!!!