A month left in South-West Asia

Tikrit Travel Blog

somewhere along the road..

There is a lot I wish i could say about this experiance. One, I'm glad it's ending! Two, I hope I wont have to come here again UNLESS, the violence ends then maybe 30 or 50 years from now i can go on vacation (NOT! jk) here, be like 'yea kids, thats the spot where we almost got blew up at... funny how i can joke about such stuff like dying...

The deployment has been long and boring. I feel like I have missed out on going out in missions. I went from running a maintenance shop to a TOC-rat. I highly dislike it. The constant sending up reports, the same old chit-chat. I am field soldier to the heart. I do the best that I can do in whatever situation I am tasked but what do i gain in the end beside money....i have 5 weeks left. im sure i can figure it out : )

Anyways, my tour here is ending. This place needs a lot of work both the Iraqi government side and humantarian side. My opinion. But I don't want to come back to this country again. The army can send me to Afghanistan next time...

Have a great day : )

mistyleatherneck says:
yes sir yes sir, lets go to Afghanistan together!!!

Or, lets go somewhere together to fight the war like the Women Warriors that we are!!!
Posted on: Aug 15, 2008
ms_travelr says:
It's amazing how an experience like this can shape one's outlook on life, whether it be good or bad. Thanks for sharing your side of it.
Posted on: Apr 25, 2008