War Journal #9

Tikrit Travel Blog

High on life, drunk off Boredom : )

taken from my leather journal...

Today was a fine Iraqi day here in the northern part of the country. My time working and gettin to know the unit from North Carolina has been enjoyable. They are a squared-away bunch and if I ever moved to North Carolina I would be honored to join the 105th, even tho they are Engineers , lol (Readers Note: The unit disbanded before the end of 2007)

I have internet in my CHU, a fridge acquired. Now all i really need to do is call my family!

The guy from the CASH unit found me again...To explain the situation there is this Medic or Combat Stress guy who I met at a Laundrymat at Fort McCoy, Wisconsin. He showed up again 2 months later at a Bazaar in Kuwait and I finally saw him this evening at the DFAC (Dining Facility) here at Camp Speicher, IRAQ! I could not let this moment go, I was saying things like 'Stop Following Me!!' and " ...It must be Fate!" I hope its not..

NOTE: When I said that statement to SGT Cooley 'it must be fate'..he started popping up everywhere during the next few months where I would be at....me and my big mouth :)

bschooled says:
haha! Thats something I would say...
Posted on: Sep 15, 2008