War Journal #2

Kuwait Travel Blog

We have landed in Kuwait. Unlike wars from before when Americans have landed or occupied, it was a rapid, confusing process that has me now laying in a cot in Camp "B". I slept a little bit but my mind is still really active. The heat feels like the interior of a cookin' oven. All of those who don't know has to use and put a hair dryer to your face to have a similar experiance as us. We departed Fort McCoy by noon, stopped in New York for crew change--- JFK is a busy airport, TSA treated us like VIPs, moving us around the terminal with no problems.  Crossing the Atlantic we stopped in my beloved Germany, a small airport. It sucked..we were like placed in a quarantined place separate from the rest of the airport.

We arrived to Kuwait after 3 in the afternoon. The camp is somewhere along the Kuwait/Iraq border. I can only imagine what the place was like when Saddam controlled the area nack in '90/ '91.. We are suppose to leave for Iraq on tuesday. I pray our journey there is as successful as our journey here, we are now in a Combat Zone.

mistyleatherneck says:
oh my we were in Kuwait the same time!!! I was in Camp Ali Al Salem last year Aug.
Posted on: Jul 14, 2008