Sandstorms: No cant make 'sand mans', I tried

Tikrit Travel Blog

ONE DAY WHILE I WAS MINDING MY OWN BUSINESS...I LOOKED IN THE DISTANCE AND SAW NATURE'S FURY COMING..

Today a huge sandstorm hit, this is my first big one. Since I have been here, whenever I was away from camp I would come back and everyone would tell me of the huge sandstorm I missed. One thing I learned since I've been on deployment is the difference between a dust storm and sandstorm, a dust storm makes everything outside look like the Planet Mars, reddish in color and kinda hard to breathe. Okay...you say Reader, lol. A sandstorm, if windy, hurts! Yellowish-brown in color...yep. The rumour-mill is that it's suppose to last a week like this. Well...I'm not running in this shit, ive tried running in a dust storm and its scary cuz visiblity is bad and I feel like i'm trapped in a movie.

Here's a few flicks i took 10 mins ago...I think I will take more throughout the day today.

After acting like an idiot like a few people out, i went inside to find some place where i wouldnt feel like i was suffocating. I went and found a neck gaiter to cover my face. The day slowly changed into dusk. The Maintenace building I worked where my office was rattled from the wind, sand lashing against the doors, windows.

I wasn't really scared, i just knew it would be a big mess to clean up once all this shit was done. We wait it out for 2 hours. It took til the nex tday to get communications back up in my office, which was like a free day! Cant send up reports, emails if communications are down!

Also I tried to make a sandman, I failed utterly...not easy like snow man.

And Im not going to a beach for while when I come back from leave, thanks!

homeres says:
I HAVE PERSONALLY MADE SAND ANGELS, I HAVE...NASTY WHEN U DISCOVER SAND STILL UP YOUR ASS A FEW DAYS LATER!!!!
Posted on: Sep 07, 2008
bschooled says:
No sandmen huh? I guess no sand angels either?;)

Posted on: Sep 07, 2008