Humanity

Iraq Travel Blog

These photos shown here are not shown to glorify the war in Iraq. Nor can you identify any soldier or place unless you been here as well. It is important that theses photos neither show violence, death nor dreariness; only the day to the day that goes on in a country that millions of people around the world have no clue about except what is shown in the news media. Look at these photos and think to yourself what is so important, what is this person trying to convey? I know you guys have your own feelings, opinions.....all i want you all to see is the HUMANITY. From the soldier to the Iraqi people, this is my testimony of what I see.

IRAQ: THE MELTING POT....

Iraq is interesting, despite the daily media reports, as journalists we know there is more to what makes this country tick.

Product of the sucide bomber
The sunrises are actually beautiful, yet burning oil fields make me sick. The sirens of a motar attacks makes us drag from our work stations yet we find time to run 5K races once a month. Ive been to many different camps, if i was reporting a story that striked me it would be on 2 things. 1. we were convoying through downtown Baquoba and we saw a small blond-hair child, in the midst of the dark haired/clad dressed Iraqis, there was a joke that the girl must have a G.I. daddy running around but to me i wondered about what is the history of the Iraqi people, their lines go way back into Babylon....

Another i was in Balad, which is the haven of all iraq, best place in country you want to be, the Ugandans do security there, just about in almost every camp now.
near Nenevah...like Heaven???
There was a female guard, i had joked with her because she appeared so young to me, she was 19, had been in country working for 2 years now. I learned from her that she had learned to speak Tagalog the language of my mother's people in the Philippines! so we spoke a few words (I am half filipino/ half african american : ) She does her job but at times when i would pass thro she was another bored teenager as she would walk around her AO carrying her loaded AK..lol. And the Turks..always the questions of am i married, why im not married, and the few words of english we can communicate. This place sometimes..you forget the war is going on but out side these camps, thats a different story. that i'll save for another time : )