Hate Your Job?

Berlin Travel Blog

A Bratwurst Seller in Alexanderplatz

I know I complain about being in I.T. all the time (instead of being a marine biologist swimming with whales or a pyrotechnician working on movies or an opera singer) but when I saw this guy at the Alexanderplatz in Berlin, I had to reconsider.

It's not the best view, I just didn't have the guts to take his pic upfront, but look closely.

Cruel isn't it? He sells bratwursts (sausages) and he is wearing something like a backpack with a grill hanging in front of him, a gas container on his back, and an umbrella attached somewhere (oh good, apparently they didn't want him to be too uncomfortable). And he carries everything around ALL DAY. I cannot imagine how it can be not hot to have a grill in your face the whole day. He can't even sit!

Worse, at the Alexanderplatz alone, there were four of them selling the same thing. Two of the guys were on a wheelchair so it was easier for them (although I know they much would prefer NOT to be on a wheelchair any day).

But wouldn't it have been a better idea if the bratwurst company just gave them a small cart to push around? Or at  least allowed them to sit down? This is just inhumane.:(

I didn't even buy a bratwurst. I know, I should have! It could have been the least I could do to help. The sausages were 1 euro each, they were really cheap. I still feel bad about not helping them up to now. :(  I guess I was just too overwhelmed that time.

And I just don't like sausages that much.

AshleyShrson says:
Enjoy the places Berlin has to offer you
Posted on: Jun 08, 2013
RacquelT127 says:
=( how sad for him.. that's why we should always be thankful for what we have, I too am thankful for my job.. nice blog mrs. harry potter.. from the other mrs. harry potter hehe
Posted on: Feb 22, 2008
aoisoba says:
ahyownnnn!! mas mahirap kase ni kanan...may nagppapaiyak sa kanya :P
Posted on: Feb 22, 2008
A Bratwurst Seller in Alexanderpla…
A Bratwurst Seller in Alexanderpl…