But where is my luggage?

Roseau Travel Blog

View from our balcony at Fort Young Hotel.
We are here on famed diving destination Dominica after an easy hop from Puerto Rico on American Eagle. Unfortunately, my luggage (with my clothes, makeup, and most importantly, SWIM SUITS) did not make it! The kind receptionist at the Fort Young Hotel said, 'well, they don't lose EVERY bag..." She assured me she was on the case, will follow up with American, and that MOST misplaced luggage does indeed get returned within about 24 hours.

In our spacious cliffside room Steve and I quietly celebrate our one-year anniversary with a bottle of champagne (reasonable priced and quite good!) from room service. We relax and watch the sunset from our balcony, then explore the sprawling hotel, flutes in hand, and scope out the dive center for tomorrow. All looks great - we are happy with this choice!

Luckily, I am wearing a nice enough dress for dinner at the picture-perfect Waterfront Hotel, located at the hotel. The meal is delicious, which is no surprise. According to Fodor's, it's the best place in town.

No word on the luggage, as everyone at the airport has gone home. I will remain hopeful for its return tomorrow.
hoofinnit says:
I had the same issue on my trip to Dominica with the luggage. Apparently a very common issue when flying LAN.
Posted on: May 05, 2010
View from our balcony at Fort Youn…
View from our balcony at Fort You…
photo by: cmgervais