Finally, going back home... home sweet home

Ica Travel Blog

happy going back home!!!!!!

I have never thaught, it'd be possible for me being so glad about going back home, but it happened.

Today we woke up and tried to think as good as possible how we can get rid of this bad situation. Last night the people of the hostel offered to help me, but they changed their mind. Oh no!!!! We went to the Travel Agency trying to find our guide, but the Agency was closed. There was also a celebration in the Main Square.

We were trying to check out of the hostel, but couldn't do it without paying. I was waiting for a miracle there, when an old sir recommended me to go to the police station. Why didn't I think about that before???? Well, we were in Peru and ...

Anyway, we decided to use the little money we had in going to the police station and report the robbery.

When we arrived, a man approached to me and told me, it wouldn't take long to do the report, which I can use instead of my ID. I felt a relief until he sayed: "So come back tomorrow early!" What?!?!?! No way, no way. I said to him that it was impossible. He said there was no way. So I just turned back, started walking, almost crying. Sky was trying to console me. The man noticed it and came just saying: "Don't worry, senorita (Miss), the captain will help you, but please don't cry..." And so he did. The captain arranged everything. But there was missing a receipt. I was supposed to go to the National Bank and pay a fee. But they don't work on Sunday. So he sold me a receipt and proceed with the report.

We had less than US$ 3.00 left, but felt rich just thinking we had a wire waiting for us in the bus station. I was doing the line, asking to myself if the cashier would accept the report as ID or not. He didn't have a problem with that, but he needed a copy of it. Sky and me went for it and in the way had a glass of juice. I was so thirsty that this was the best juice of all my life!!!!!! We went back to the station with the copy and the cashier was almost paying me when he said: "This is fake!" Well, when you pay a fee in the National Bank they write your ID number on it. In this case the ID number of the receipt wasn't mine. I tried to explain it to him, but he didn't want to listen to me. And this time, I couldn't help it and started to cry. Sky came and also an old watchman with a glass of water. He talked to the cashier and asked him to help me. I was explaining them the whole situation as the same time I was traslating it to Sky. At the end, the cashier talked to his boss by phone and I could cash the wire. Ufffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

I felt so good. Sky and me had another juice, went back to the hostel, picked up our stuff, grabbed something to eat and left Ica ASAP (as soon as possible). We just wanted to be back in the safe Lima.

I have to accept that I was desperate then. Now I can look back with a big smile and laugh about everything. It has been quite an adventure. That's for sure I won't forget this trip in a looooooooooooooooooong time. Or maybe never.  Well, if it doesn't kill you, it makes you stronger ;)

yadilitta says:
yes, it was an adventure, so good it had a happy ending :)
Posted on: Feb 25, 2009
reikunboy says:
You certainly had an amazing adventure. I'm glad everything worked out for you in the end.
Posted on: Feb 24, 2009
Reephboy says:
Pobrecita! I'm sorry that happened to you and your friend. It was very lucky for you that everyone was so helpful. I guess no one can resist a sad Peruana!
Posted on: Feb 23, 2008