Universal Studios

Orlando Travel Blog

The previous day, we'd been bought a 2 park ticket to save a little money on the two universal parks. Now, they used to be valid for 14 days but now you have to use them on consecutive days, which I think is a bit mean.

I'm not a huge fan of Universal Studios. Because it's mostly simulator rides, even when you think you're in, you still have to wait for ages and it gets really boring.

It was quite a nice day and there were hardly any people there. I don't think the other two were too bothered abut this place either, but it's gotta be done. It didn't take us very long to make our way round the park. We missed out the Twister ride. Not exciting enough. The Mummy ride, on the other hand.... We went on that thing about five times cos there was no queue.
And I swear it got faster every time we went on it.

The other one I quite like is the Men in Black thing. A harmless alien shoot em up ride with a lot of humour thrown in, so we got on that a couple of times. I'm gutted that they got rid of Back To The Future. Yes, it was a bit dated but it was still fun. Next up was the ET ride. I know it's totally for kids but it's really cute. Aaron was up for it but Aj took some convincing, as usual.

There are a couple of shows on too. There's the Blues Brothers which do a street show every hour or so, which is really good. They get everyone doing the twist and shaking their tail feathers. And there's the Beetlejuice monster rock'n'roll review. It's veeeerrrrryy funny. I'm surprised he gets away with being so rude when there are lots of kids in the audience.
Not sure if the scooter is part of…
Not sure if the scooter is part o…
Our Hooters burgers.