Round the world in 11 drinks. Well, sort of.

Orlando Travel Blog

So, we were off to Epcot for what we thought would be a fairly easy challenge. One drink in each country round the world showcase. The only rule was that it had to be some sort of national drink from the country we were in. Not as easy as it sounds but we started in Mexico so we got a round of margaritas.

Now for whatever reason, we didn't get there until the afternoon and we worked out that we only had 30 minutes in each country. Looking pretty daunting now.
The next country was Norway. This is where we noticed that the world showcase doesn't really cater for people who are on the piss. A distinct lack of bars. So we ended up with beer in Norway. Danish beer?!

Next was China and at this point we're all starting to feel the margaritas working. The only place we found that did any type of drink was a green tea stall.
I didn't say it had to be an alcoholic drink.

Can you guess what we had in Germany? Yep, more beer. I think I chickened out on this one as I can't drink the stuff. We moved swiftly on to Italy for a nice glass of wine and a run round the shops.

Apparently the next one along is the United States but I really don't remember buying a drink there.

On to Japan. Well. we got stuck in the sake bar for more than one. What they do is write your name in Japanese on the bottom of the little cups you get so you can keep it as a souvenir. We had to obviously think of brothers, sisters, mums, dads, aunts, uncles etc. Left there quite drunk.

It had started to rain quite heavily outside so we ran straight past Morocco and headed straight for France for a glass of champagne. Started to feel really drunk by this point but we've got two countries to go. The UK and Canada.

Hello Rose and Crown!!! We got stuck in here too. Don't remember Canada. I remember the fireworks going off which meant it was almost kicking out time.

We followed everyone out of the park and after a few complications got back to our hotel. Never doing that again!

melissatms says:
Haha, I have done this too but only one time! You are right... Epcot doesn't cater to those who want to drink their way around the world. Bummer. Universal Studios does but they don't have countries...just super heroes!
Posted on: May 05, 2008
1morespicy says:
We did think about giving it another go but mixing all those different drinks really hurt in the morning.
Posted on: Mar 24, 2008
londonstudent says:
Come on, it was a great idea - just start in the morning next time!
Posted on: Mar 24, 2008
This one took a lot of convincing.
This one took a lot of convincing.
Green tea in China
Green tea in China
Beer.
Beer.
More beer.
More beer.
In the Rose and Crown
In the Rose and Crown
Very drunk at this point.
Very drunk at this point.
Orlando