Mardi Gras!!!

Orlando Travel Blog

Our last Saturday coincided with the start of the Mardi Gras. We'd seen it heavily advertised at Universal Studios and city walk. AJ and Aaron didn't really understand my excitement. The look on AJ's face when told him he had to wear beads!!! He just wasn't having it. Aaron, as, usual was up for anything that sounded like a laugh so off to Universal we headed.

Unfortunately, the street party was being held inside the park and the tickets were $50. So we decided that they can shove their $50, we're off to Margaritaville! After a couple in there I sneaked off to the nearest bead stall. When I got back to them I got exactly the reaction I was expecting. Aaron pissed himself and gladly donned them. AJ put up a fight but gave up in the end.

After Margaritaville we went to Pat O'Briens.
These guys were awesome.
We'd been refused entry on another occasion cos the only ID I had was my RAF one and they don't accept them. So, let me get this right. A government issued ID card with my photo and date of birth, even a fancy hologram thing on it, isn't accepted. Don't get it. So, anyway, we got there before 9 this time so no bouncers!!

The atmosphere in there was awesome. It was quite busy but you could still get to the bar and had the duelling piano guys on. They were amazing. They can play ANYTHING! My favourite was their version of Baby Got Back. Hilarious. After a couple of drinks there I thought I'd brave the hurricane. A couple of girls at the bar started laughing and said I'd never finish it. Boy, were they.......right!! I had about three mouth fulls and thought I was gonna pass out. It was diet coke for remainder of the evening for me.

acowboy says:
I am so jealous!!
Posted on: May 05, 2008
These guys were awesome.
That drink almost killed me!
That drink almost killed me!
Aaron gets in the spirit of Mardi …
Aaron gets in the spirit of Mardi…
Orlando