Florence

Florence Travel Blog

Ahhhh Firenze...

Today we just spent some quiet time walking around Firenze.  We loved the Duomo, and then wandered the streets just looking around, and heading towards the Arno.

We made it to the Arno, and took a boatload of pictures of the river, the bridges, and of course the Ponte Vecchio.  It was a hoot finally walking thru it for the first time in my life.  In the crisp, cold winter air, there seemed to be a blue/grey tinge over everything.  It looked like the view out of a postcard, and I couldn't believe how clearly the bridges were reflected in the still water below them.  It was a hoot finally walking thru it for the first time in my life.  Just beautiful.

The inside of the Ponte Vecchio was exactly what everyone says it is; a long string of jewelry stores.

Michelle's self portait. :-)
  It didn't do much for me, although it guarded my sick body from the wind for a few minutes.  :-)

We continued to wander away from the city center, passed museums and street painters with beautiful Firenze scenes.  By this time, we were starved so we found a small restaurant and had some lunch.

After lunch we wandered the city more, and checked on email.  I had written to a few Couchsurfers in Florence, to see if anyone wanted to do something while we were there; and in fact, they did!  I had an email waiting saying they were going to have a dinner party the next day, and where to meet them.  I was so excited!

I got some more cough medicine; I was drinking it like Coca Cola.  Once it began to get dark, we found a bit of pizza for dinner, and then headed back to the hotel.  We read and fell asleep.

AndiPerullo says:
Sucks being sick and traveling! It's happened to me way too many times. You're a trooper though!
Posted on: Nov 30, 2007
Ahhhh Firenze...
Michelles self portait.  :-)
Michelle's self portait. :-)
Florence