Time to Take off!!!

Phoenix Travel Blog

It was Christmas afternoon; the gifts had been opened, and we had just finished the Roast Beef and Yorkshire Pudding.  I carried my bags to my sister in law's car, and true to form, my entire cheesy family poured out of my parents' house where we had gathered for a final meal to make a big scene out of waving manically as we drove away towards the airport.

This was my first time flying British Airways non stop from Phoenix to London, and I was looking forward to it; I'd always had a fondness for it, just as I had a fondness for NOT stopping in Chicago or Atlanta on a cold Christmas day and risking adding a weather delay onto a lay over.  Non stop?  Fabulous.

I arrived at the airport and met  up with Michelle, my constant travel buddy in the real world.  She was in the midst of being offered a very tempting upgrade, just $200 to move up to business class the entire way to London.  Should we?  No, of course not.  Did we?  What do you think?

Shortly after, we were in our plushy business seats, reclining back as far as we like, and preparing for our night flight.  We would leave at 7:30 pm, and arrive at 12:30 the following afternoon.  The rest of the trip to London went of without a hitch.  I began to feel cocky about how smooth it was all going, and therein lied my downfall...

Amanda says:
Yep! British Air has a non stop flight that you can often get for a quite reasonable price, so that's always my first choice...
Posted on: Mar 06, 2008
apple_crumble07 says:
Hi There,

Do you travel Arizona V's London alot?
Posted on: Mar 02, 2008
AndiPerullo says:
PS You know how our trips were so similar...I forgot...I was ALSO upgraded on my way to Madrid!!!
Posted on: Nov 19, 2007