Bariloche

Bariloche Travel Blog

A view on the hike up Cerro Campanario
Bueno, so this is going to be a post date entry, sooner or later. But right now I'm waiting for my bus back to Buenos Aires and decided I'd go ahead and type up a little bit more of my trip, I do believe it is about time I did that ha!

Anyhow, Bariloche was absolutely amazing. I went there with Alyssa and Erica. We planned the whole thing in roughly 4 hours and bought the tickets roughly 3 hours before our departure and went and then we were off. First off, let me tell you that this was my first omnibus experience and sweet lord it was AMAZING! So much better than airplanes, even if it was a 22 hour bus ridee :/.
Almost to the top
Ha, oh well. We got to Bariloche in the later afternoon and decided since it was a nice day out that we'd go ahead and head down to the lake shore and relax there for a few hours. The lake was maybe a 10 minute walk from our hostel and was absolutely amazing, my goodness! I don't understand how the water was that blue, it looked as if it had been dyed and it was just so pristine. I am absolutely inlove with the entire place, and will one day go back there. Basically, our entire day was encompassed in going to the beach and then walking back to the Hostel to go to a super market and then take a nap. After dinner we hung out with one of the Hostel works at the bar in the hostel, named Martin --who was gorgeous by the way-- and he made us delicious, and strong drinks which we sat and drank until about 1230pm.
One of the views from the top of Cerro Campanario
Then headed out the the Kilkeny with some of the Isralies who were there. That was an interesting night because, well Erica a) doesn't remember anything from it and b) we accidently left Alyssa at the hostel ...but she ended up at the bar eventually.

Bueno, the next day we woke up kinda late and went for a hike on Cerro Campanario. Before getting there we had no idea what to expect, where we were going, or really how to get there. But, we just jumped on a bus and went. It's almost better that we didn't know where we were going because when we got to the top it was absolutely breathtaking. More than breathtaking, pictures and words don't even do it justice. ¡the whole trek was definitely vale la pena! We had a view of the entire area surrounding Bariloche, it was a 360 view of the mountains and lakes and it was absolutely captivating.
Museo de Chocolate
We returned to the hostel and took naps AGAIN! And then decided to eat at the Asado and folk music show they were having at the hostel. It was so much fun, we met South Africa, London, Liverpool, Holland, Denmark, Mexico, Canda, Emily and Sam they were both from San Fran. It was alot of fun, we pretty much spent the entire night at the hostel singing drinking and eventually our other roommate, Majo (who i kind of a mess at life, and very strange), made us start a congo line. After that we just all sort of stayed around talking and doing nothing really with life.

After our nice, chill night, I think that friday we went horseback riding on Cerro Otto, but the weather, unfortunately, was not as nice as it had been previously. Oh well, the views were still amazing! And we actually woke up at a reasonable time, which is alot of say for us.
Views of Cerro Otto
After that we walked through the town a little bit more but didn't really do too much until the evening. During that night, after we made a dinner of pico de gallo, eggs, and sausage, we went out first to the pub kilkenny again, where we met up with a all the aforemention people (countires) above. From there we went down to a boliche, which was pretty much all highschoolers getting wasted. I felt awkward...but what can you do? That night was fun, but alittle ridiculous.

On Saturday, the only thing we really did was walk around town doing nothing but being fat kids...aka eating ice cream and chocolate, and buying souveniers. They had an artesan fair that we went to, too! OH, and a chocolate museum. That was really cool, because it made me feel like I was on the food network.
Half-way to the top of Cerro Otto
It was super interesting, because we learned about the history of chocolate, and the history of chocolate locally in Bariloche, and that Americans are the number one consumers of chocolate in the world. Now guys, come on, really? Oh well! That night was our last night there so we stayed at the hostel for dinner and karaoke night. It was so funny and fun to see people get up and sing. I ended up singing with Holland to a song that neither of us knew, and I really wanted to sing to Ricky Martin...but the thing ended before I had time, it was a real bummer...oh well! At least I sang once. I was also given a "Rock Star Card" now, I do not exactly know what that means, but the guy who gave it to me was like 50 something, and traveling the world on his bike with his wife. He also mistook me for Sam's fiancee...which was flattering but awkward at the same time, because Sam's fiancee was upstairs because she was sick, and I really liked his fiancee, ha! That was really all we did that night, talk alot, drink beer, and sing.

On Sunday we hopped on our bus at 130pm, however we did have a little difficlutly doing that because apparently while we were in Bariloche, Argentina went through a time change...which we did not know about. So we were really confused. Oh well, all things workout well and we made it to our bus...and back to BsAs on Monday to go out for St. Patricks Day. Also, after we got back...maybe that wednesday Alyssa, Erica and I decided we'd join the "Montevideo for Semana Santa" Group, we then bought our tickets and peaced out the next day really early in the morning for Montevideo. And that will be another entry, hopefully to come soon!
A view on the hike up Cerro Campan…
A view on the hike up Cerro Campa…
Almost to the top
One of the views from the top of C…
One of the views from the top of …
Bariloche