Lundi Gras :)

New Orleans Travel Blog

with one of the Zulu

I barely woke up early that day. I could see some of the "left overs" from last night, hahaha. Everything was quiet and peaceful. I guess the whole city was still recovering from last night. I took a walk and was thinking I had Adam's bag and have to meet him later to give them back to him. I just arrived back home, when Heidi, my host, told me, Missy was in her way to pick me up to enjoy Lundi Gras!

What's Lundi Gras? Well, I just realized that the Monday before Mardi Gras, they have a relaxed day. Most of the people don't work and just go out during the day to enjoy an Open Festival at the Mississippi River. There are live music, food and the Zulu Parade!

It was a girly day. Just 4 girls out, enjoying the day, having some drinks, listening to good music and getting our faces painted in Jackson Square.

with Adam at Superior
It was great to enjoy a relaxing day after the crazy night, hahaha. But by 5pm, it's started to get crowded again in the French Quarter. It was time to go back home - this time with the spirit paited on my face ;)

There was another meeting at home. To watch the other parades, having some drinks and food. I was trying to find Adam to give him his bag back, but couldn't find him. I even went to his friend's. It was fun, they recognized me and treated me as another friend ;)  I just needed to remember saying: it's my 1st Mardi Gras, hahaha.

Finally we could meet. I gave him his bag and we kept on jumping from one spot to another, enjoying some parades. After that he asked me if I wanted to join him to Superior Grill. I have been there once before for dinner. This time was different, it was full of fun people, just enjoying big Margaritas or other drinks and having fun. We stayed there for a while hanging out with his school's friends. Then we went to the Columns Hotel. This was another party point too.

I was able to meet local people and enjoyed the day as a local girl. It was so much fun!

jerseygirl67 says:
I love the pics! I am heading down there soon for Jazz Fest...seeing these pics is just getting me more excited to go!!! Thanks!
Posted on: Feb 19, 2008
with Adam at Superior
the house after the parade...
the house after the parade...
resting after a long night... shhhh
hahaha
hahaha
having fun at Superiors
having fun at Superior's
Superior Grill was packed!
Superior Grill was packed!
My Margarita at Superior Grill