Arrive in Delhi!

New Delhi Travel Blog

I must be getting old.  The flight knocked me and my good mood about a bit.  My so-so mood quickly vanished altogether after being jostled in the customs queue by impatient people trying to queue jump.

We made it to the hotel about 4.30am.  The poor cabby had no idea where our guesthouse was and Karol Bagh (the town) was like a ghost town.

The room is nice and neat and clean and surprisingly has hot water.  The rooms each have their own hot water system and you must turn it on 20minutes prior to using it.  Fabulous. This two days will be the last hot water i know till I get back to Sydney.

Right now I'm sitting in an internet shop with a dodgy keyboard.  We jumped in an autorikshaw today to take us into town and ended up with a driver for the day... he hasn't mentioned anything about an increase in the agreed 15 rupee ride and I don't think we'll get away with paying just that somehow.

So far he's taken us to all the shops his family owns. If we don't stop soon I think we might start on his neighbours family's shops.  I haven't bought anything, its all tourist prices.

We managed to book and pay for all the trips we are taking up north.  I think tomorrow night we'll be in Jaipur, Rajasthan.

Hopefully I'll be able to update you guys there too.

thomasj says:
Wonderful... look at the bright side, at least you got some hot water :) Doesn't happen all that often in most places around Delhi, esp when backpacking...
Anyway, good luck, will keep on coming back for more.
Posted on: Nov 05, 2006
Amanda says:
Hey sweetie!! I'm thinking of you, and anxious to hear updates wherever you are able to give them, ok? Keep the letters coming! Be safe, and I fully expect a pic of you at the Taj for me, ok???
Posted on: Oct 31, 2006
OurWorldTrip says:
Hope to read some more soon. Enjoy your trip :)
Posted on: Oct 31, 2006