First stop - Dakar

Dakar Travel Blog

our accommodation
We flew from Zurich via Paris to Dakar. The arrival was planned at 8pm. I thought at this time it wouldn't be that hot anymore but I erred. Leaving the plane I felt like entering a steam bath - hot and rheumy.
The airport looked a little bit different to the airports in Europe - much smaller and older. After getting the stamps we left the building and made the first contact with the informal sector. Lots of men wanted to carry our suitcases - we disapproved of the offer. Fortunately we were picked up by the people from ASAN (friends of nature of Senegal), they banished the brash people. The people from ASAN accompanied our trip. While our stay in Dakar we could sleep at their centre in Mbao. So they drove us with an air-conditioned (!) bus. Ramadan just started and the people were all over the street. Because of that the drive to our accommodation lasted very long time. Finally we arrived Mbao and we could arrange.
Manu32 says:
I don't know. I didn't have to oranize anything. But I can give you some adresses and phone numbers.

friends of nature international:

B.P. 1810

web page:
Posted on: Jun 26, 2008
DefDulce says:
Is it possible to stay there as a traveling student?
Posted on: Jun 25, 2008
o_mendfornd says:
This is a very interesting blog. And lots of great pictures too! I look forward to seeing some more updates.
Posted on: Feb 21, 2008