HIKING WITH TRAVBUDDIES AT RED ROCK CANYON NATIONAL PARK

Las Vegas Travel Blog

karate kid melle

OMG….I THINK WE WERE ON “CRACK” WHEN WE AGREED TO GO HIKING AT RED ROCK CANYON………….

The girls woke up at 11am. I called James to pick us up at my house at 1:30pm. I suggested grabbing food at whole foods then having a picnic at one of the trails.

SORRY FOR THE BLURRY PHOTOS....DIGI CAM WILL BE IN HOSPITAL SOON :)

Tuyen informed me that her friends are picking her up at my house. I did not want to leave until her ride came. Even though tuyen met us for a few hours,  I hope she had a good time. She is very sweet, outgoing, and adventurous. She wants to travel to eastern Europe one day. We talked about doing that together. i would love to go there by train all over eastern Europe for about a month.

ANGEL ROCKS

Tuyen lives in Boston. I would like fly to Boston to visit her before she graduates.  I shall see. I have a busy summer itinerary.

After tuyen got picked up, tracy, angel and I went for a walk in my neighborhood. It was nippy and sunny. I hope what are wearing is enough. We walked one and half laps which is equals a ¼ of a mile. Then we saw james driving up the street.

We gathered our stuff and jumped in James’s car.  He rented a convertible sebring. James asked if I could drive it. UM DUH!!!! Hell yeah I drive the rental. My gas was close to “E”.

Julz and RJ said that they will be there too.  We hope to run into them. HEE HEE a TB hike to red rock day.

We drove to whole foods to get some lunch and off to go to red rock canyon.

OHMMMMMM
It was very windy and cold. I don’t think I wear enough layers. I was freezing from the start. We did not put the top down yet.

This was angel’s first time here. She drove past it but never drove inside. Tracy has never been to the visitor center. James has been here many times. We cruised the center quickly and took pictures. We wanted to hike and eat. My stomach was growling then James started growling.

We hiked at the first scenic point. This was Tracy’s and my first time hiking deep within the rocks. It was fun. We found a spot underneath 2 rocks leading off it. I was cold and hungry. I was happy to hang out here.  What an experience, eating sandwiches under a rock with a gorgeous view with awesome TBs. WHAT A GOOD DAY……

After lunch, we decided to hike up to the top.

shadow freaks
James was leading. He has does this hike before. It was Sunday and there were plenty of people.  We were taking pictures everywhere. I was such a beautiful day. It has gotten warmer as we walked in between canyons.

We were taking photos of us climbing rocks, doing posses, shadow figures, and jumping in mid air. I hope angel or tracy does their blogs soon or I have to upload it to mine LOL.

After a few hours of hilking, we drove on the 13 mile scenic route around the park. We stopped at the highest point to take pictures with the convertible. James said he is going to make a calendar of us LOL.

I took the long way home. I wanted to show more of the park. Then I wanted to stop and take photos of the “burro” crossing sign. Too bad we did not see wild burros on the scenic route.

PEEKABO MELLE
They are so cute but, don’t feed them.  WE DID NOT WANT TO MAKE AN “ASS” OUT OF US……HARDY HAR HAR HAR

After that James dropped us off. It was so much. All four of us had a great time as always. It has proven that we can travel together and we will entertain ourselves.

I was sad to see angel and Tracy drive back to LA. However, I will see Tracy soon. I will be going to LA and of March. I will see angel when she brings Erik to Vegas in April. Both will be CS again in my house.

I will be having lunch with Sal and james on Monday. My VEGAS TB MEET UP is not over…………..

JAMES SHOWING OFF