"PRE" TRAVBUDDY MEETUP @ DIABLO'S CANTINA

Las Vegas Travel Blog

WHERE'S MELLE?!!??!
Today was a special day not only it was the PRE TB MEET UP…..it was LEAP DAY!!!! I was waiting patiently for Angel (angelbaby) and Tracy (TRE69) to arrive. They had been driving from LA. It was a 4hr. drive. I was preparing my house for their arrival. I made sure I had clean sheets enough liquor in the house LOL.  I was looking forward for this.

Tracy and i have know each other since we were kids. our parents are good friends. angel and  i have known since the LA MEET UP in december 2007. Will and i have known each other since the LA MEET UP and DEATH VALLEY DAY TRIP. erin i have known since LA MEET UP as well.  john and i have known each other having late night wings at a bar.
CHEERS, L'CHAIM, SALUD
ALL rest of the TBs coming will be my first time. I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED :)

SORRY FOR THE BLURRY PHOTOS....DIGI CAM WILL BE IN HOSPITAL SOON :)

I get a call from Tracy that they are at my gate. I waited for them outside my house so that they can easily find me. We all waved to welcome each other. Angel drove it in my garage. I told her it would be an extra charge to park in my garage LOL.

We all gave each a big hug. I helped them bring it there 2343243lbs. of luggage LOL. They both immediately crashed on my “comfy” couch. We talked and laughed cuz I was a “crack head” again….LOL

Earlier today I was on TB, I was reading the TB forum. I misunderstood what it says. I thought Angel was staying at a friend’s house and she was going to drop off Tracy at my house.
  I VM angel about it, telling her that I am confused.  Gosh, she might think am crazy LOL. Hence the nickname “CW” for the weekend. Hey I just got back from a long week of investment classes in AZ and a 4hr. drive.  Yeah yeah yeah no excuses…..WHATEVER….*doing the “w” with my hands*

They arrived at 4pm-ish. We had to get ready for “PRE TB MEET UP  at Diablo’s cantina at 6:45pm. I offered to also pick up Julz(mzjulz85) at her friend’s house.  The good thing is, her friend lives 10mins from me. It was no problem to pick julz up. We were running late. I got the addy to the house. Tracy was my GPS. I called her TRACY TRACY……get it?!?!?! LOL.

It was dark in the neighborhood. I kept veering to the right to read the signs.
TRACY, JULZ, AND ANGEL
I called julz to let her know we are on our way. I am not going to tell the story about I almost hit the curb or hit the coledasack…….too much 411…..LOL.

Julz first impression of us was laughing hysterically in the car. I got out of the car and gave her a big hug. Her and I been emailing and txting and finally we met. The girls were chatting up a storm. I informed James (pearcetoyou)that we were running late. James was already at Diablo’s I asked him to check us in and that we will be there in 10mins. It was traffic on the strip. I have never been to Diablo’s. I had to either park at monte carlo or New York New York.  Parking was a nightmare. It was 7:15pm and I was getting nervous that maybe TBs showed up and maybe left cuz we were running late.
TRACY, JULZ, ME AND ANGEL
I should have had James wear a TB logo shirt...LOL.  We end up parking at New York New York. We still have to walk thru the casino then outside to Diablo’s.

When we arrived I saw James. They had not buzzed us in. it was very packed and loud near the bar. We waited another 10mins to seat us. Will (w_clemmons) called me. He was also running late. He just got off work and hitting traffic as well. We sat in our table anyway. Only 6 TBs showed up out of the 11 that were coming. I did not blame them if they bailed. It was terrible traffic on the strip on a Friday night.

NOTE: pick off the strip spot for next PRE TB MEET UP.

We were seated near the entrance. Which was perfect, it would be easy for TBs to find us. 15mins.
GOSH I AM SO F-ED UP
later will showed up. We all ordered our food.  I promised James a shot of patron. He needs to learn that jose cuevro is not the best tequila….LOL. The food in Diablo’s is Mexican food (SEE REVIEW BELOW).

We all talked and laughed all night. We all whipped out our digi cams and took pics all night. Of course took pics of our food to do a review. I kept saying “I DON’T TOUCH YOUR FOOD YET”……then “click” and “flash”. I think between the 6 of us we blinded everybody….LOL.  James and I did shots. He had patron and I had of course grey goose.  We hung out there til about 11pm.

I did not plan what to do afterwards.  Tracy and Angel was thinking of karaoke. I wasn’t thinking of any good ideas. I said walking down the strip or clubbing but, will doesn’t dance.
PATRON AND GREY GOOSE
  I went to the restroom to take pictures of the restroom signs. It was a man and woman with horns on their heads. I loved it. When I got back to the table, everybody decided to walk over to the MGM to have more drinks and hang out.

COOL :) we paid the bill and off we walk to MGM which was a 15min walk across the bridge. As we were walking, we were being silly and talking pictures near New York New York.

We end up hanging out at the rouge; it is a lounge near the restaurant wing. It was all red and dark. Will left to play craps for a bit. He said he was going to meet up later. We all looked at the menu. i was still buzzed from the last shot of grey goose. james bought me another shot of grey goose. WOW now that one hit me like a tons of bricks. i was red as a cherry after that shot.
JAMES AND WILL
it does not take me long to get buzzed. the angel and tracy got a bunch of "girlie" drinks and james and julz got beers and shots of patron. we sat, talked, giggled, and took pics. hey i was playing "tourist"  with the rest of them LOL. i can't remember what we were laughing, but we were laughing all night. it took me til 3am to sober up. i am glad julz got me some water. hey what kind of a "DD" i am. i did not care, i was hanging with awesome, full of life, and crazy TBs :)

Will left us at around 1am to go play poker. we wanted to look for him and bug him. however, he was still at the poker room. i txted him if he was still there and he was......i hope he will be sane enough for the TB MEET UP at the lucky bar........we shall see........

when we dropped off julz we were showing her were i almost hit the curb looking of a street. we were all still laughing about it. tracy kept on giggling about every time she sees a "bike route" sign. i hope julz sleeps well. i hope the air mattress is near the door. she can just fall on it and pass out LOL.

WOO HOO WHAT A GREAT START FOR THE "VEGAS TB MEET UP"........

mellemel8 says:
HEE HEE THANKS FOR ALL THE CONGRATS EVERYBODY, JULZ, ERIN, AND ANGEL....YOU GUYS ARE NEXT :)

TRACY, YOU KNOW WHEN!???!

ANGEL, YES HAVE BEEN SLEEPING 11HRS SINCE YOU GIYS LEFT AND AM STILL TIRED....WHAT GIVES?!?!?!

JULZ, HAHAHA I LOVE THAT....BUTHA :)

THE "CW"
TRE69 says:
Crack Whore...congrats on being featured!:) Awh...very good times! When's the next Sin City Meet?
Jelly says:
Yeah Mel, congrats on being featured!! Can't believe a week has gone by already!! let's go out!! lol j/k I still need some sleep :-P
WHERES MELLE?!!??!
WHAT IS THIS PROM?!?!!?
WHAT IS THIS PROM?!?!!?
Las Vegas Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
OVER PRICED FOOD
First of all, the parking is horrible. you need to park at new york new york. i would not recommend to meet up here. you need to leave your house abou… read entire review
Las Vegas