Getting to San José

San Jose Travel Blog

That’s a story..... My flight would be on sept 13th around 11 o’clock. Because of the 3 hours before departing time to be present, and my drive to schiphol would be 2 hours, and the traffic… I decided to take a hotel in Amsterdam so that I don’t have to hurry in the morning. I also had to pickup Sylvia in Druten, because she had booked the same trip and I knew her from last year, my trip to Patagonia. I left on Wednesday at 2 to be in Amsterdam at about 5. We, Sylvia and me, had met a girl through the internet and we had plans to have diner together in Amsterdam. I picked her up In Druten and headed to Amsterdam we listened to the radio about the traffic. But the A15 was free and also the A2 so nothing could go wrong……  WRONG !  Suddenly we heard that there was a big accident at the A2.

Schiphol airport, Amsterdam

A truck was completely blocking the highway. Never mind, leave the highway and find some smaller roads to drive to Amsterdam. I found one but… many others also L . Finally we arrived at 8 at our hotel. We had called Esther (the other girl) already, and she decided not to come for dinner. What left us was a pizza and early to bed.

This was a bad start. What could go wrong now ?

The next morning we had breakfast and suddenly we got some SMS messages… It was Esther and she had bad news. The flight was delayed from 11 to 21:45 in the evening… Aaaaaarch. Now there was time enough to go home again J . But we decided not to do that. We called other travelers who we had met on a Forum, and they didn’t know about the delay, and were already heading to schiphol. Oké we went also to Schiphol and met the others. Now we were with 7 and decided to check in to get rid of our luggage and went through customs. We did get some money from the airline, and spent it all in a bar: Café Amsterdam. That’s above customs. We had coffee, snacks, coffee, beers, snacks, lunch…

We had some rest in a launch area, we shopped, didn’t buy anything, because you have to take it with you the whole trip. Finally we had to go to the gate. But after the gate we had to wait another hour. The plain left at 22:30 to Orlando.

pbug31 says:
you have a lot of great pics in this blog of costa rica. would u suggest trekking around the country visiting different cities as you did or staying put in a few great ones?
Posted on: Oct 02, 2009