Walking in the rain

Amman Travel Blog

King Abdullah Mosque in Amman
People i met here who contributed to, and improved my trip: Julia (Russia)

It wasn't until we reached the front door that i realised that Tuesday was going to suck! Raining, cloudy, cold and thoroughly miserable are some words that aptly describe the weather, thus it was really not a good day to visit the countryside. To be honest it wasn't ideal for a day in the City either, but knowing that shelter was at hand if it really began to pelt it down, seemed somewhat comforting. This eventually swung our decision to postpone the trip to Wadi as-Seer until the following day - weather prevailing that is.

Five minutes after leaving home we couldn't resist the lure of a McDonalds restaurant, which was warm, had free wi-fi and obviously Big Macs.
King Abdullah Mosque in Amman
Having spent an hour here, trying our best not to leave, it came to the point where we had to depart, before Ronald came out to politely tell us to buy something else or bugger off! But where were we going to go, what were we going to do, i was damned if i knew.

In the end we spent almost 6 hours wandering from Jebel (which means hill) to Jebel, not really knowing what our purpose was. We didn't really see anything, except busy main roads and the turquoise domed King Abdullah Mosque, before returning home. I can't say that it was the most pleasurable of days, so we treated ourselves to lots of snacks and cakes from the supermarket and took them home to munch on. In the evening Julia cooked us some fried rice, which made me reminisce about South East Asia, although our chilly room was enough to remind me that this was a distant memory. I never thought i would say it, but i miss that place!
Deats says:
If they had egg tarts like KFC, we would have stayed longer :D
Posted on: Apr 19, 2009
cmgervais says:
evicted from McDonalds... certainly a low point :)
Posted on: Apr 19, 2009
Deats says:
We went to downtown a few days before, and i really liked it. Actually, i like Amman, its cool in its own way. I will be back there in mid April if you are around and want to meet up - let me know!

I know Sylvia, the next day was far better and my spirits were raised :)
Posted on: Mar 26, 2009
Church in Amman
Church in Amman
Church (left) and King Abdullah Mo…
Church (left) and King Abdullah M…
Amman