Time to exit Thailand

Ranong Travel Blog

Zonked after the travelling

People i met here who contributed to, and improved my trip: Julia (Russia)

On Monday we caught the bus from Phuket Town to Ranong, which serves as the border town with Myanmar. The journey took around 6 hours and was undertaken for the sole purpose of extending our Thai visas. We stayed in Kiwi Orchard Guest House, which was conveniently located next to the bus station and had an adjoining restaurant and internet facilities. There was also a restaurant just over the road from here that served kick ass banana milkshakes for 15baht ($0.45).

There isn't a great deal to see in town, although we did enjoy taking a look at the night market, which served up some excellent, cheap food. The previous days diving excursions and long bus journey had left me completely exhausted and i passed out before Julia, which made a pleasant change :)

Deats says:
I have a rough idea where im heading, but things develop and materialise. I never imagines coming to Central Asia for example, but here i am! Normally its just good to be flexible and go with the flow.
Posted on: Jul 27, 2008
row-zzzzz says:
Do you organize as you go, planning for the next scheduled place, researching the places to see .. or did you actually organize your trip at home ... enjoy this trip, for me that would be a once in a life time experience unless I suddenly win the million LOL
Posted on: Jul 25, 2008
Deats says:
Im still actually traveling! Its been nearly 26 months now. Everything is organised independently, it would be way to expensive on a tour :)
Posted on: Jul 25, 2008