EuropeLatviaRiga

Partying with Eric

Riga Travel Blog

People i met here who contributed to, and improved my trip: Eric (America), - Hostel owner Frank (Australia) and Unknown (American) for been full of c**p

Riga highlight: 'This guy from LA tells me theres such a thing as 'An American card!' Oh yes indeed and listen to how well it works! He arrived in Finland and on his first day slept with 4 girls. He then moved in with one the day after and she payed for everything for the next 4 weeks whilst he stayed with her! To add to this she was a nympho! All he had to do was sleep with her between 10 and 16 times a day! WOW! I couldnt believe my ears!'

I dont know what to say about Riga! Personally i found the city overhyped, unfriendly and nowhere near as beautiful as Vilnius or later Tallinn. That been said, Riga is definitely worth a couple of days to look around the old town and climb the church tower - which has a history of falling down - but outside of the old town there is a very limited amount to do.

I spent a week there foolishly - i had booked on arrival - thinking i would obtain a new passport, but ended up spending my time lazing around the old town or my bed in the day and hitting the bars and clubs at night. That is something that Riga does have, a great night life. Unfortunately our hostel owner Frank would usually direct us to the backpacker hangouts but Eric and myself did manage to find some pretty cool hangouts.

Riga's nightlife had 2 sides to it - the backpacker places frequented by beautiful women chasing some free drinks - and the 'local scene', which was frequented by beautiful local women who would seek some attention, only for their boyfriends to turn up 2 minutes later to physically abuse them into going back by their sides! It was all a little bit wierd and distasteful for my liking, so i was more than happy when i boarded my bus to Tallinn....

Riga