Julia gets rough justice

Ripley Travel Blog

People i met here who contributed to, and improved my trip: Julia (Russia), Dad (England)

The last stop of the day was in Ripley, but as it was late, everywhere had already shut, so we didn't linger for too long. We got to see the picturesque Ripley store, with its antique little truck parked outside and also the Boars Head pub, which has a lovely ivy cladding on its exterior.

However, the highlight was surely putting Julia in the stocks, it was only a pity that there were no fruit and veg shops still open, so as i could have thrown a few rotten tomatoes at her!

My Dad told Julia some information about our symbolic red post boxes and telephone booths, the latter which have by and large been replaced with horrible steel and glass ones over the last couple of decades. Sadly, its one of the many iconic things that have disappeared from England, as the population increasingly loses its culture and identity.

Deats says:
and everyone knew that already :D
Posted on: Aug 07, 2009
Deats says:
Because Ripley has old stocks, so we made her go in them :D I will put the photos up soon :)
Posted on: Aug 07, 2009
sylviandavid says:
Oh.... NOOOOOOO..... Why'd it have to be Julia??
Posted on: Aug 04, 2009