Heading back to Seoul

Jeju-do Travel Blog

Ship that is in Jeju-si centre

People i met here, who contributed to and improved my trip:

I went to the ferry terminal in Jeju-si to attempt to drop off the car, as i thought that was what the guy in the car rental place had been trying to get across to me, when i had picked it up. Normally the tourist office here is staffed by an English speaker, but typically today it wasn't. Thankfully the lady was still very helpful as she called a translator and we intermediated though her. 20 minutes later a guy turned up, gave the car the once over and drove off.

I wandered down to McDonald's to get some breakfast and spent the rest of my day on the internet, as i felt exhausted and just wanted to be sat down somewhere. Mid afternoon i went and tried to collect my large bag from the hotel where i had left it, which actually proved harder than i imagined, as the old man was nowhere to be seen. I rang a number on the wall from a phone box over the road, but the person who answered just spoke Korean. 10 minutes later the guy thankfully turned up on his bicycle, so maybe whoever answered the phone told him that some odd westerner had been rabitting away and must need something at the hotel.

The bus out to the airport didn't take too long, so i was left with some time to kill and did some crossword puzzles that my brother and Maddie had brought over from England. These were proving to be a great way of passing time and also keeping my brain active, during the many mind numbing hours travelling between places and waiting for things.

photo by: OdayJosh