Happy New Year!

Kunming Travel Blog

People i met here, who contributed to and improved my trip: Juliana (Russia)

We decided to stick around the hostel for all of the day on New Years Eve and meet some people to go out with that night. We met a few cool people and enjoyed a barbeque and a few beers whilst relaxing round a fire, in the middle of Hump Hostels Bar. All the preceding week, we had seen very few westerners in the hostel, but the New Year seemed to have attracted a real crowd to Kunming!

Around 22.30 we moved on to Camel Bar, which was a pretty cool venue to see in the New Year, with a nice mix of foreigners and Chinese. Unfortuanely there were no clocks within the bar and Julia ended up in the toilet and me stood outside the toilet, when New Year arrived! A little while later, we moved back to the hostel to finish the night off with a few more beers and a game of cards.

The following day was spent nursing my first hangover in several weeks, but I figured New Year only comes around once a year, so my body could cope with a minor lapse to my reformed drinking habits J We caught the sleeper train back north to Anshun, a little aprehensive to be heading back into a colder climate.

photo by: eefab