AsiaChinaTai'an

Great bargaining = Luxury accomodation

Tai'an Travel Blog

People i met here, who contributed to and improved my trip: Juliana (Russia)

When we arrived in Tai'an, we knew there was a lack of cheap accomodation, but this soon went from bad to worse as the one cheapish hotel was fully booked. The next on the list, Yuzuo Hotel, was listed at 300Y ($40), for its worst room. When i went in to ask what rooms they had available, they only had the deluxe 900Y a night rooms. I explained this was way out of our price bracket. The receptionist gradually went down to 600Y, 500Y, 400Y, 360Y and eventually 300Y as long as we were only staying one night. The room was awesome, beautifully furnished, on suite, cable tv, bath robes, bath and shower,all the extras you would associate with 4 star in England. We settled in for the night, appreciating a little luxury for once on the trip!

We got up the following morning and on our doorstep was the Dai Temple, a lovely complex that we spent an hour or so walking around. I’m sure this was just a distraction at the thought of the mountainous task ahead ;) We grabbed a quick meal and packed some provisions, before starting the steady climb to the foot of Tai’shan mountain.

Deats says:
Well it certainly couldnt have been my Chinese that impressed them ;)
Posted on: Dec 19, 2006
portia says:
wow, very lucky! You must be very charming...
Posted on: Dec 19, 2006
Amanda says:
VERY NICELY DONE!! Glad you got a nice night out of it!
Posted on: Dec 16, 2006