Freezing in the 'Golden Ring'

Suzdal Travel Blog

People i met here, who contributed to and improved my trip: Juliana (Russia), Katja (Russia)

Juliana, Katja and i took a day trip out to Suzdal today, an amazingly pretty hamlet, situated 40 minutes from Vladimir. Thankfully we had all wrapped up warm when we set off, as temperatures in this part of the World are now sub zero!

The town consists of a very pretty Kremlin, the Saviour Monastery of St Euthymius, the Intercession Convent, the Monastery of the Deposition of the Holy Robe and countless ancient wooden houses and cathedrals. The highlights of the Kremlin included the blue domed Nativity of the Virgin Cathedral and a wooden church transported from Vladimir several years ago.

After several hours walking the streets, we headed indoors into a quaint little cafe for warm snacks and refreshments. With night drawing in, we decided to head back to Vladimir and the warmth of Katjas home!

Deats says:
i cant imagine much changed in 200 years to be honest :)
Posted on: Dec 16, 2008
genex13 says:
My mum and dad told me about Suzdal. They loved it, when being there in a winter 30+ years ago.

I have to find the pictures and compare. But I remember the cathedral with the blue star sprinkled rooftops.
Great photos.