Estonia's intellectual centre = BORING!

Tartu Travel Blog

People i met here who contributed to, and improved my trip:

So i managed to organise my Russian visa in Tallinn, thus decided i'd spend 5 days having a quick look around Estonia and made my first stop in Tartu. To be quite honest i dont know why i bothered! I stayed in a really great hostel called Hostel Pepleri with on suite, kitchen and cable tv in the room for 300EEK. However, having a single led to me meeting nobody.

Not to be put off, i ventured into Tartu and walked around all the 'sights' that were recommended. Unfortunately i did this in 2 hours and spent the rest of the day updating my travel blog and seeing how slow i could walk from place to place! I think my favourite area was the botanical gardens although the area on Cathedral Hill was also quite pretty. I had planned on staying 2 nights but decided one was more than enough. For dinner i ate at Wilde Irish Pub, which was pretty good value for money.... i had a Russian soup and chicken and rissotto dish for around £5.00.

missandrea81 says:
LOL, I think the four pictures speak for themselves. They're nice and all, but the quantity is very low.
Posted on: Nov 26, 2009
mfmcp1982 says:
oh dear...
Posted on: Mar 12, 2008
Deats says:
Yeah, you got away with that one mate! At least i know not to go back there again!
Posted on: Aug 30, 2006