Dinner fit for a bachelor

Antalya Travel Blog

Yivli Minare

People i met here who contributed to, and improved my trip: Mehmet and Cenk (Turkey)

Arriving back from Termessos, i wasn't too sure how to spend my afternoon. Originally i had planned on visiting the beach, or sitting in a cafe supping beer, but the weather wasn't at all conducive to this, as it had begun to drizzle. I therefore opted to take a short walk around the old town and bought some postcards, before retiring to an internet cafe to upload some photos and catch up with emails.

I went home around 19.00, as i had agreed to meet Mehmet and found him cooking Dinner for us. On the menu was eggs with tomato, pepper and bread and i was told that it is both a student and bachelors favourite dish. Even though it is pretty straight forward to prepare, it was very tasty and i appreciated the effort that Mehmet had gone to.

Old Town

Later on in the evening we went out to use the internet at Mehmet's office and Cenk came to join us. All three of us were feeling pretty exhausted, so opted to head home at 22.00, so we could relax and eat some delicious oranges that Itunc had left for us. All the guys work in the agriculture department, so can get their hands on lots of delicious fresh fruit and vegetables.

All that was left to do on Thursday morning was gather my belongings and Mehmet accompanied me to the bus stop to say goodbye. Having caught the local bus to the otogar, i asked for a bus to Aspendos and was put on a bus that had Aspendos written on the front, along with a list of other destinations. I was therefore a little baffled to be kicked off the bus in the town of Serik, which was still some distance from where i needed to be. This would only be the beginning of my bus headaches over the next couple of days!

Antalya