Cool couchsurfing

Yenice Travel Blog

People i met here who contributed to, and improved my trip: Engin (Turkey)

It was almost 18.00 when i reached Yenice and i was pleased to find my couchsurfing host Engin waiting for me at the bus station. Sometimes opening conversations can be a little bland or tentative, but straight away we hit it off and began chatting about anything and everything. His house was located just a minutes walk away and soon i had been introduced to his Dad, Mum and sister, with whom he lived.

Having settled into the house, i was told that Dinner was ready and i was treated to a feast of Turkish food. We managed to finish our meal before 19.00, which was just in time to make it to a nearby restaurant to catch the start of the Galatasaray vs Besiktas match. We were both cheering on Besiktas and therefore left disappointed by the 4-2 defeat. Yenice is only small so there wasn't a great deal to do after this, so we entertained ourselves by going home to play backgammon. After catching up with some stuff online we hung out for the rest of the evening and hit the hay around 01.00.

Deats says:
ıts my karadut blog as that ıs where ı stayed - ıts the last vıllage on the way up the mountaın - you have to see those photos :)
Posted on: Dec 22, 2008
cmgervais says:
I mean Nemrut not Nemut.
Posted on: Dec 21, 2008
cmgervais says:
Hey did you bypass Nemut? Big heads on a mountain... nice stop.
Posted on: Dec 21, 2008