Chilling by the river

Cesky Krumlov Travel Blog

Cesky Krumlov viewed from the climb to the chateau

People i met here who contributed to, and improved my trip:

I'd heard so many great things about Cesky Krumlov from my last trip in Europe and i really wasnt disappointed. Set on the banks of the Vlatava, this small hamlet is like something from a fairytale. The only frustrating aspect of my visit was the lack of a direct bus from Pragues main station. It took a little more effort than i was expecting but it all worked out ok in the end!

I spent a few days just wondering the streets and taking it all in. I walked through the maze of streets trying to get lost although sometimes not been able, due to the size! One day i made my way up to the chateau on the hill for some breathtaking views, before moving on to the gardens and soaking up some sunshine.

Deats says:
Its all its hyped up to be. Prague is much bigger but i think i prefer C.K. although 2 days is plenty to look around.
Posted on: Sep 26, 2007
mswim says:
I've read nothing but good things about Cesky Krumlov, in fact I think one guidebook said it was a lot like Prague, minus all the tourists. I'm definitely planning on making a stop here when I make it to the Czech Republic.
Posted on: Sep 25, 2007
Cesky Krumlov viewed from the clim…
Cesky Krumlov viewed from the cli…
View over Cesky Krumlov