Champions League

Dumaguete Travel Blog

The sign says it all!

People i met here, who contributed to and improved my trip: Julia (Russia)

We decided to spend a day in Dumaguete to go and visit a Marine Laboratory, which the ever reliable Lonely Planet recommended. This proved to be an utter waste of time and i left in disgust at the sight of alligators crammed into pens that hadn't been cleaned in months or maybe even years. It ws almost impossible to spot any fish as the water they were in was the colour of chocolate. The only amusing thing about the location was the 'falling coconuts' sign.

We had a look around the rest of the city, mainly with the aim of finding an international phone to call my bank. Eventually we succeeded and i was extremely relieved to hear a lady tell me that i was not liable for the money that had been pilfered from my bank account. It was a happy ending to a pretty dull day.

In the evening, we found a nice student restaurant for some tasty cheap pork adobo, before heading back to the hotel in preperation for the football Champions League Final between Liverpool and AC Milan. It was an average game, which disappointingly ended with the Italians triumphing 2-1.

Deats says:
Im afraid to say it was just unkept, it was quite saddening really
Posted on: Jun 15, 2007
jilltrekker says:
Yeah, I noticed the muddy waters at the gropher tank too. Since I'm clueless about fish environment, I thought that was normal.
Posted on: Jun 15, 2007
The sign says it all!
Dumaguete council building, with c…
Dumaguete council building, with …
photo by: issa005