Bye bye Markus

Kupang Travel Blog

People i met here who contributed to, and improved my trip: Julia (Russia), Markus (Finland)

Our journey from Dili back to Kupang passed without incident and our first evening back on Indonesian soil was spent with our trusty ludo board and pack of cards playing poker. The following day the 3 of us went out to buy our onward flight tickets, but ran into problems as the agents were trying to charge too much and the internet sites were not accepting on line bookings for some reason. Eventually Lion Airs website gave me a payment number, but the agent said that he couldn't take the booking still. When i went back on line the price had tripled to my dismay!

It was then decided that the only option was to catch a bemo out to the airport itself. Thankfully the Lion Air system had held my initial reservation for a 5 hour period, so the cheap tickets back to Jakarta were secured for Julia and I. Markus on the otherhand was heading back to Bali to do some more surfing and therefore booked himself on a different flight.

It was decided to have a few drinks that night, as the next night we would have to be in bed early to wake up to catch our flights. So for our final proper evening together, we went out and ate in a Chinese restaurant and had a walk down by the sea. The night was finished classically, by playing ludo and poker and drinking too many Bintangs!!! This was something that we had spent way too much time doing together during the last 3 months and it would be something that we would sorely miss :)

The following day we chilled out and recovered from our sore heads, before i got stuck into a new book examining the second World War. The day was all a bit of a non event really, before it was time to eventually draw a temporary line under our time together with our Finnish amigo. Hugs and promises of meetings further down the line were exchanged before we fell into an all too short slumber.

The alarm was ringing by 3.45am on Monday morning and we were soon on our way to Kupang airport. Our flight back to Jakarta went via Surabaya and with time changes it arrived into the capital a little before midday. It brought about a complete circle within 2 and a half months and it was now time to head on to pastures new within the archipelago.

photo by: putri_kirana