Back to Russia!

Saint Petersburg Travel Blog

People who i met here, who contributed to and improved my trip: Juliana (Russia), Katja (Russia), Ania (Russia), Sasha (Russia)

Arriving back in St Petersburg i was still unsure of my plans regarding staying, travelling, accomodation, basically everything! Thankfully Juliana's parents kindly offered me the spare room in their apartment once again, which i was really grateful for, but i also didnt want to outstay my welcome!

Juliana and i spent the next week chilling around St Petersburg, which usually consisted of long lie-ins followed by longer lunches, strolls to the shops and meeting up with her friends Katja, Ania, Sasha and Mia. One evening we went to see the local Korean school perform their traditional music and dances, which was extremely interesting. We also had a couple of good nights out at Dacha and Fidels and on Wednesday 11th we went to the Dickens bar to watch Russia beat Estonia and England get beaten by Croatia in the football.

The same night we met a guy called Igor Timofeev who is the lead singer with a very famous Russian band from St Petersburg called Cartoons. He had a drink with us and chatted about his time in England, his band etc. He seemed a reaally decent bloke and i think he enjoyed talking to someone who genuinely didnt know him and who wasnt interested in what he was, rather who he was.

Thursday evening i eventually decided my love affair with St Petersburg had to end and i caught the overnight train to Moscow. I however did take a pretty cool memento of my time there - Juliana!

AtlantaScottyV says:
Ya know, Lisa, I can't wait until Phil starts actually filling in his blogs again so I can continue living vicariously through him! Ha, ha, ha. He seems to be going just about everywhere on this trip! Wish we were all there with him.
Posted on: Oct 13, 2006
lisalush says:
I like the way your map looks with all the lines zig zagging. I can't wait to see what it looks like when you've finished.
Posted on: Oct 04, 2006