Back AGAIN!!!!

Tallinn Travel Blog

Once more i found myself heading back to Tallinn for the purpose of a Russian visa. Although i love this city, i was kind of dissappointed to return for a third time in such a short period! I stayed at the Old Town Backpackers on Lai Street again, which i would highly recommend for its sociable atmosphere, great location and friendly staff.

My first day there, i concentrated on applying for my Russian visa and just taking things easy as i had barely slept on the bus from St Petersburg. My second day after collecting my visa i decided to show some people from my hostel some of the local watering holes, which i had previously frequented! Interesting characters to join me included a crazy girl with connections to Russia, USA and Finland who had fallen off a castle and broken her spine, wrists, leg and arm only a month before! Also a wacky kiwi, 3 sound aussie blokes and a couple of English guys. So a liquid lunch in Nimeta (the bar with no name) was followed by a few drinks in the hostel and then a pub crawl to Havana, the karaoke bar, Venus and ending up at ladies night in Club Hollywood. Fun was had by all and we stumbled home around 7am!

Needless to say, the following day saw a very drained set of characters in the hostel, lounging around, watching dvd's and napping the day away! I caught the 22.30 bus back to St Petersburg, really excited to be heading back to Russia, St Petersburg and Juliana!

Tallinn