11 hour ferry journey... 200 people in a room with no beds... whooopdedo

Busan Travel Blog

Busan port, as our ferry departs

People i met here, who contributed to and improved my trip:

Back in Busan, my only objective was to travel across the City by Metro and then catch the ferry from the port, which would take my to the Island of Jeju-do. I arrived in plenty of time and thus was one of the first people to board the ship. I had opted to take the cheap option, which was a space on the floor of a room, so i got my choice of carpet and opted for a corner that was far away from the door.

The room was a fair size and was designed to hold 200 passengers, but i don't think there were this many people on this occasion. I made myself comfortable with my crossword puzzles, but it was to be a long 11 hour journey, as there were no mattresses or blankets, it was literally just laying on a floor. The ferry pulled out of Busan harbour a little late, but i got to watch the sun setting over the port, which was nice.

Deats says:
Haha, how about a 36 hour boat ride to Beijing, in a similar cabin but with a bed! Oh and the back of a car in Jeju-do! But now im in a hostel so its better :)
Posted on: Apr 20, 2008
shirlan says:
Hope your sleeping arrangements have improved!
Posted on: Apr 19, 2008
Deats says:
Oh yeah, 5 star ;) I slept in the back of a car last night too! Man i need a proper bed!
Posted on: Apr 15, 2008