Red Red Wine

Pokhara Travel Blog

Khim cooks me a pancake for breakfast and we eat with his brother's family.  The eldest daughter is made ready for school and we take her part of the way before w head for the bus/taxi stop.  Khim's brother's children attend the boarding school in Nayapul (not a boarding school but a private school) which costs 2000 Rupee a month. Khim tells me he will send his children to Boarding school so thay can learn good English.

One of Khim's neighbours has a bad rash on his face and yestyerday he asked me if I knew how to cure it. I have no idea of course but offer to take a picture and send it back to some people I know in Melbourne.

In Nayapul we manage to find a taxi share and are back in Pokhara shortly after 11.  As we come into Pokhara we pass a long queue for petrol, so it seems the petrol crisis in Nepal has worsened whilst I have been away.

In the afternoon I hav a hot shower and find some clean clothes.  I run into Aukje in the street and in the evening we also meet Ine who is also just back from her trek.  Afterwards Julie and I go to the Moondance restaurant and we have steak and a bottle of red wine.

photo by: Makkattack