Day 4 - Airborne & Special Operations Museum and another 4 hours of driving

Fayetteville Travel Blog

At the Airborne museum in Fayetteville
We've decided today that before getting back on the road we would check out the Airborne & Special Operations Museum. The admission was free and it would give us a chance to walk instead of sitting in the car all darn day. The museum is located at the train station in Fayetteville.
It was very interesting even though I couldn't repeat any of the things I read. The displays were very realistic looking and the live sized planes, helicopters and other vehicles were impressive. We spent about 2 hours at the museum before getting back on the road.
Our final goal for the day was Hinesville, Georgia. So after driving for about 4 hours we made it to the Savannah area. The silly GPS made us get off I 95 and got us on this really boring stretch of road that lead right through Fort Steward. Good thing we both had our IDs on us. Other folks would have had to turn around. That road I guess is famous for speeding and or falling asleep while driving, because they put little story boards on the side of the road about "Safety first". At first we thought it was funny and kinda cool, but it got old quickly.
We finally made it to Hinesville and my friend's friend's house. I've met this family for the first time, along with their 20 cats and 2 dogs. lol
Very nice people and the animals too. They made sure that our beds were nice and warm by the time we climbed in them. hahaha
At the Airborne museum in Fayettev…
At the Airborne museum in Fayette…
I feel safe
I feel safe
cool display
cool display
Fayetteville Sights & Attractions review
The Airborne & Special Operations Museum is located next to the train station in Fayetteville not far off I 95. There is no admission charge. However,… read entire review
photo by: Zagnut66